Position Vacant: Kerrie Neighbourhood House (KNH) Children’s Art Tutor
KNH has a wonderful children’s art program for primary-schoolers which includes 15 x 1 hour weekly art classes at two different locations (Kerrie Rd Neighbourhood House, in Glen Waverley and Mackie Road Neighbourhood House, in Mulgrave), school holiday art immersion workshops, a 2hr weekly masterclass and annual children’s art exhibitions (opened each year at our annual Open Day events).
We are currently inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Children’s Art Tutors to facilitate the following Term 1, 2020 classes:
Please note that KNH is committed to being a child-safe organisation, with zero tolerance for child abuse. As such, applicants will be subject to referee checks, must hold a current Working with Children Check Card, and agree to work within our Child Safety Policy and abide by our Child Safe Code of Conduct.
Hourly pay rate: $40/hr
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in planning and delivering quality art education programs to primary school aged children
- Very good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent classroom management skills including the ability to maintain a warm, positive, welcoming & respectful classroom environment
- Highly developed artistic skill using a range of mediums e.g. watercolour, acrylic, pastels (soft & oil)
- Ability to communicate with parents, grandparents and children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
This role would suit students currently studying teaching, graphic design or fine arts who are able to address all or most of the above selection criteria. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and outlining your availability together with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
For further information please contact the KNH Office on 9887 6226.
Applications Close: Friday 13th December 2019