Kerrie Neighbourhood House Staff and Volunteers provide information and referral support to local residents. For assistance, please feel free to pop into the House, during office hours, for a cuppa and chat, or give us a call on 03 9887 6226
Kerrie Rd NH is here to help local householders requiring assistance in applying for the Victorian Government’s one-off $250 Power Saving Bonus payment. This initiative is available to anyone who holds a pensioner concession card or receives JobSeeker, Austudy, Abstudy or Youth Allowance (conditions apply). The scheme runs until 31 January 2022.
If you would like help to apply online for this offer please contact our friendly staff on 9887 6226 for further information.
The “About myGov’ video is now available in languages other than English to help customers who don’t yet use myGov to access government services online.
The videos are available in two Indigenous languages: Djambarrpuyngu and Pitjantjatjara.
Other languages include:
Anyone with YouTube access will find the videos on the myGov Australia channel.
Information for people in need of assistance;
To be eligible for the Extreme Hardship Support Program a person must:
- live in Victoria, and
- be unable to access Commonwealth income support (such as JobKeeper or JobSeeker) or the Victorian International Student Emergency Relief Fund, and
- have zero or very limited income, savings or community support
- be a temporary or provisional visa holder, or an undocumented migrant.
To apply for emergency financial assistance go to www.redcross.org.au/
Community members can also call a dedicated phone line on 1800 855 240.
Media release about the long-awaited headspace service opening in Monash in October 2020. This is great news for young people, their families and the broader community.
Contact numbers for Mental Health Services
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Mensline Australia 1300 789 978
- Kids Help Line 1800 551 800
- For help and support with family violence, visit safesteps.org.au or call Safesteps 24/7 on 1800 015 188